Updated July 13, 2022
REGISTRATION FOR SUMMER 2022 LESSONS IS NOW CLOSED
Group Swim Lessons:
We are very excited to launch our new online screening and registration process!
Group lessons begin in June and run Monday through Friday at 11:30, 12:00, or 12:30.
Non-members are welcome, but we ask that they check in no earlier than 15 minutes before their lesson begins and check out no later than 15 minutes after their lesson ends.
Lessons are available for children age 3 (as of the start of their session) and older. All children should be able to participate without their parent or caregiver during the lessons. Accompanying parents/caregivers should not be in the water or close enough to distract child(ren) during the lessons.
Session Dates and Deadlines:
Session 1: Tuesday, June 21 to Friday, July 1 Registration DEADLINE: Thursday, 6/16 7 p.m. (CLOSED)
Session 2: Tuesday, July 5 to Friday, July 15 Registration DEADLINE: Wednesday, 6/29, 1 p.m. (CLOSED)
Session 3: Monday, July 18 to Friday, July 29 Registration DEADLINE: Wednesday, 7/13, 1 p.m. (CLOSED)
We offer five levels of lessons:
- Pre-beginners – typically 3-5 year olds, uncomfortable with the water and likely no previous formal lesson instruction.
- Beginner 1 – usually 4-6 year olds comfortable with the water, but not as confident in their strokes.
- Beginner 2 – tends to be 5-8 year olds focused on becoming competent in freestyle and possibly backstroke.
- Beginner 3 – typically 6-9 year olds who have knowledge of freestyle and backstroke and will work to refine those strokes, and possibly learn breaststroke.
- Advanced Beginner – usually kids 6 years old & up refining their freestyle and backstroke, and just learning butterfly and breaststroke.
Register below and select the level you think is most appropriate for your child. Instructors may make level adjustments during the first day of class. You may also have your child screened for the most appropriate level during our in- person screening on Sunday, June 12 at 12-2 p.m. Please reach out to the lessons coordinator, Morgan Carnell, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about which level is most appropriate for your child.
- Cost: $75 for members (per child, per session)
- $105 for non-members (per child, per session)
- Pay online when you register your child.
- Please complete one form and pay separately for each child.
Lessons groups will be posted at the pool by 7 p.m. the Friday prior to the start of the new session.
For more information, send an email to email@example.com.
Interested in private lessons? Talk to any current Glenwood lifeguard or coach to arrange lessons directly. The managers keep a list of all eligible swim instructors.