Updated June 1, 2023
MEMBER-ONLY REGISTRATION FOR SUMMER 2023 LESSONS OPENS June 5th
Group Swim Lessons:
Group lessons begin in June and run Monday through Friday at 11:30 or 12:00.
Registration is open to Glenwood members only from June 5th until June 11th.
Registration for non-members opens on June 12th. We kindly ask that non-members check in no earlier than 15 minutes before their lesson begins and check out no later than 15 minutes after their lesson ends.
Lessons are available for children age 3 (as of the start of their session) and older. All children should be able to participate without their parent or caregiver during the lessons. Accompanying parents/caregivers should not be in the water or close enough to distract child(ren) during the lessons.
Session Dates and Deadlines:
Session 1: Tuesday, June 20 to Friday, June 30 (no lesson6/19) Registration DEADLINE: Thursday, 6/15, 7 p.m.
Session 2: Monday, July 3 to Friday, July 14 (no lesson 7/4) Registration DEADLINE: Wednesday, 6/28, 1 p.m.
Session 3: Monday, July 17 to Friday, July 28 Registration DEADLINE: Wednesday, 7/12, 1 p.m.
We offer five levels of lessons:
- Pre-beginners – typically 3-5 year olds, uncomfortable with the water and likely no previous formal lesson instruction.
- Beginner 1 – usually 4-6 year olds comfortable with the water, but not as confident in their strokes.
- Beginner 2 – tends to be 5-8 year olds focused on becoming competent in freestyle and possibly backstroke.
- Beginner 3 – typically 6-9 year olds who have knowledge of freestyle and backstroke and will work to refine those strokes, and possibly learn breaststroke.
- Advanced Beginner – usually kids 6 years old & up refining their freestyle and backstroke, and just learning butterfly and breaststroke.
Register below and select the level you think is most appropriate for your child. Instructors may make level adjustments during the first day of class. Please reach out to the lessons coordinator, Erin Cuddy, by sending an email to email@example.com if you have questions about which level is most appropriate for your child.
- Cost: $80 for members (per child, per session)
- $115 for non-members (per child, per session)
- Pay online when you register your child.
- Please complete one form and pay separately for each child.
Lessons groups will be posted at the pool by 7 p.m. the Friday prior to the start of the new session.
For more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in private lessons? Talk to any current Glenwood lifeguard or coach to arrange lessons directly. The managers keep a list of all eligible swim instructors.